10 Holiday Maintenance Fitness Tips
HOLIDAY MAINTENANCE FITNESS TIPS
- Maintain your training plan while traveling (include trips to a nearby gym at your travel destination).
- Eat a small nutrient dense meal prior to attending a holiday party.
- If you drink alcohol beverages at a holiday gathering alternate a glass of water between drinks.
- If you are unable to make it to the gym a brisk long walk is a good replacement for that days workout.
- Schedule a holiday race (Jingle Bell 5k) to keep you focused on fitness and to establish a holiday goal.
- Try something new- if you stale with your current workout routine sign up for yoga, spinning, water aerobics class, cross country skiing, ice skating etc.
- Avoid calorie dense drinks served during the holidays such as eggnog, spice lattes and cream based drinks.
- During the winter drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration and maintain normal bodily functions especially during air travel.
- Practice self-reflection – try meditation for stress relief.
- Start your new year training plan now. Now is the time to work on muscle imbalances and restore normal range of motion with a personally designed strength training plan by Columbia Personal Training. Columbia’s premier functional trainer.
- Life is short – smile.